|Voiced by||Keith David|
|First appearance||Hercules (film) (1997)|
|Last appearance||Hercules (TV series) (1998-1999)|
|Occupation|| Prince of the Olympian Gods and Mount Olympus|
Olympian Master of the Sun and Music
Olympian Lord of the Sun and Music
Olympian Steward of the Sun and Music
Olympian King of the Sun and Music
Olympian God of the Sun and Music
|Title|| Lord of the Sun and Music|
The Prime Good
Steward of the Sun and Music
God of the Sun and Music
King of the Sun and Music
He Who Is The Sun and Music
Master of the Sun and Music
The Sun and Music-Giver
Hand of the Sun and Music
The Sun and Music Incarnate
Embodiment of the Sun and Music
The Great Sun and Music
Lord over all Suns and Musics
King over all Suns and Musics
Patriarch over all Suns and Musics
Apollo is the Olympian God of the Sun and Music from Disney's 1997 film Hercules and Hercules: The Animated Series|its 1998-99 television series. He is voiced by Keith David.
In Greek mythology, Apollo was the god of the sun. The sun was actually a golden chariot that the god Apollo rode across the sky. Moreover, he was the god of oracles, poetry and music and hence the leader of the Muses. He was the twin brother of Artemis, maiden goddess of the moon and the Hunt.
In the film, he has a very minor role in which he only appears in minor cameos.
In the beginning of the film, he is present for the party celebrating the arrival of Zeus and Hera's newborn child Hercules. Apollo, along with the other deities, was sent to find Hercules, but it was too late as the baby had already been turned into a mortal and was adopted by a mortal family. Eighteen years later, he is seen imprisoned with the other gods after they lost against Hades and the Titans. Luckily he and the other gods are freed by Hercules.
Hercules (animated series)Edit
- Hercules and the Apollo Mission : In this episode, Hercules wants a better job for Career Day, so Zeus puts Hercules in charge of Apollo's Sun Chariot, which pulls the Sun through the sky. However, the chariot is stolen by Pain and Panic, and Apollo, believing that Hercules lost it, begins to question Zeus' leadership.
- Hercules and the Pool Party: Apollo is one of the gods that Hades invites to a pool party in an enchanted pool to makes them forget who they are. Also, Hercules easily rangles Apollo's empty chariot which had been going without its driver.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- The Standard Powers of Olympian God
- The ability to Controls the Sun via his Solar Chariot
- As the god of the Sun
- Domain: The sun, light, music, prophecy and the Light.
- Apollo is the only Olympian deity who name is both Greek and Roman.
- Although Apollo was the twin brother of Artemis in Greek mythology, the Disney versions of the characters are never seen interacting with one another. It is unknown if the two are related in these incarnations.
- Apollo is depicted as the driving source of the Sun's orbit within the Hercules story. However on multiple occasions, particularly concerning Hercules' friend Icarus (whom Apollo apparently mentioned to Zeus), the Sun is depicted as an independent celestial body.